AYSO Area 1-P
2013 Game Schedules - Upper Divisions
2013 Upper Division Game Schedules
(September 10, 2013) The 2013 Upper Division schedules have now been published.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES. Please check back regularly. Having said this, the scheduler is now off duty for all but the correction of egregious mistakes and it is the scheduler, not you, who gets to define "egregious".
|BU19||Y||GU19||Y||Schedules are available for
each divisions with a Y opposite its name.
Click on the Division name on this table to take you to that Division's schedule.
2013 Season Notes
Coaches in InLeague Regions (20, 70, 76, 78 and 1595):
You do not need to enter player information into your rosters. Your region will have assigned your players. You do need to print out your rosters - log in, go to Coaches, Team Rosters & Admin and you can print them out. Make sure you enter your team's colors and uniform numbers. You can also print out line-up cards.
Coaches in Other Regions (19, 69, 514, 1031 and 1567):
Log in and complete your team info and rosters, before the Annual Upper Division meeting if possible. Instructions for doing this and also for printing out line-up cards are available here (Adobe pdf format). Make sure you enter your team's colors and uniform numbers.
The Annual Upper Division pre-season meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 6:30 p.m in the Garden Room at the Veterans Memorial Building, 4117 Overland Ave, Culver City, CA 90232. Please visit the documents page to download.
In all divisions, the first four games that each team plays do not count for points but deductions on account of red cards and other reasons (forfeits, coach ejections, etc.) will count.
No one has a vested interest in these schedules. Just because your team has been given a particular time, that does not mean that we need your permission to change it. The Area reserves the right to make scheduling changes for the benefit of the program as a whole. This includes situations where a team would be severely depleted at the originally scheduled time. Also, as all-powerful as we like to think ourselves, we do not control the weather or the people who grant and pull our field permits. Other issues arise during the season that may cause us to have to make schedule changes.
So long as we have one or more email addresses for a coach or other contact for a team, you will automatically receive a notification of schedule changes made less than one week before your game. (This does not apply to schedule changes made before the Upper Division meeting on Wednesday September 11, 2013 at 6:30 pm in the Garden Room at the Veterans Building, Culver and Overland in Culver City.) If we have to change the schedule after 6 pm on Wednesday evening before the weekend of your game, we will email you - we ask you to reply so that we don't have to call as well. ANY CHANGES MADE EARLIER THAN WEDNESDAY BEFORE YOUR GAME WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED - IT'S UP TO YOU TO CHECK THE SCHEDULE REGULARLY. Every year, we have teams whose coaches print out the schedule and never check it again - this is a recipe for missed games and forfeits. We will not reschedule forefeited games or waive points deductions for games missed because of a failure to check the
Teams are responsible for set-up and take down of fields if playing anywhere except Beverly Hills and West LA.
- If you are participating at any other field and yours is the first game of the day, you may be responsible for setting up goals, nets and flags.
- If you are participating in the last game of the day, you may be responsible for dismantling or moving goals and for putting away flags.
- Points may be deducted for a team that fails to carry out its set-up/takedown responsibilities.
In general, we have twice as many fields available on Saturdays as on Sundays. Most teams will have 3 or 4 games on Saturdays and 8 or 9 games on Sundays.
October 6 and October 20 : SATs and PSATs take place on these dates. We only game scheduled in the afternoons.
The first four games are practice games and do not count for points. The next eight games count for points and will determine placement and seeding in the playoffs.
Playoffs for U16 will begin on the weekend of November 10 and 11.
The description below depends on how many teams advance to the Section playoffs. Here is what we plan at present, which assumes we will have the top two teams in each division going to Section playoffs. We will make adjustments if this turns out to be incorrect.
- The top 2 teams will play each other in a practice game and will then participate in the Section playoffs on Novmeber 17 and 18.
- In BU16, the fifth through eighth place teams wll play each other in two quarterf finals. The winners will play the third and fourth place teams in the semi finals on Saturday November 17. The championship and third place games will take place on Sunday November 18.
- The ninth through twelfth place BU16 teams will play each other in consoldation semifinals on Saturday November 10 and a consolation final will take place on Sunday November 18.
- In GU16, the fourth through ninth place teams will play each other in quarter finals. The winners of these games and the third place team will play in the semi finals on Saturday November 17. The championship and third place games will take place on Sunday November 18.
- Playoffs for U19 will begin on Sunday November 13.
- Boys U19 and Girls U19: The top 2 teams will play in the Section playoffs on Novmeber 17 and 18. The fifth through eighth place teams wll play each other in two quarterf finals. The winners will play the third and fourth place teams in the semi finals on Saturday November 17. The championship and third place games will take place on Sunday November 18.The championship and third place games will take place on Sunday November 18.